Cats that think like dogs
Breeding cats in the company of tame dogs will not only reduce the fear of the former, but also improve their sociability.
Some cat breeds think like dogs. They adopt behavioral models among which stands out the desire to bond with Man. This sociability manifests through their own body language and can be strengthened through various training.
Among the common gestures of cats who think like dogs are multiple facial expressions. Including the movement of the ears . The activity of the tail and even the degree of curvature of the back are also important indicators of the level of welfare of these animals.
In addition, the two species are characterized by the great development of their olfactory and auditory systems , which are important for recognition and communication with other animals.
Cats that think like dogs
Any cat can behave like a dog, both for genetic reasons and because of the influence of the environment. However, there are a number of breeds that are more likely to do this:
- The Abyssinian: the ethologists define it as the ideal cat for those who are accustomed to caring for dogs. He is energetic, sociable, responds to the search for toys, follows his owner and generally likes water. He is also receptive to training on a track
- The ragdoll: the name of this species was given to it because of its soft and sociable character. Although a player , its particularity is the placidity with which it responds to the caresses of its owner and of people outside the house . In addition, it is the ideal feline for coexistence with other animals.
- Turkish angora: one of the cats that most resembles dogs, given its desire to be the center of attention . He is playful, loyal and sociable, and is generally distinguished by his receptiveness to visits from outside. To all this, we must add his good swimming skills
How to encourage dog behavior
Besides the existence of certain breeds of cats that think like dogs, certain measures can be taken to increase this sociability:
- Do agility and memory training : although it involves more dedication than with dogs, cats can respond to their names, search for toys and even take them with them. The results are generally more convincing when working with whistles. So behaviors are associated with sounds
- Going for walks: some cats, due to their tame nature, tend to react positively to walks on a leash. These guided walks should be done in quiet places, which will guarantee the absence of dogs
- Encourage development with dogs: when cats grow up with dogs, as long as the latter are receptive and calm, they often imitate canine behavior . Likewise, encouraging human contact in the first months of life will increase the cat’s sociability
However, it is important to design the limits of each species , so that training with regard to urine and feces , or in the accumulation of the number of orders, is not put on the same plane.
Learning about the cat breeds that best suit your lifestyle is essential to achieving common well-being . It is also important to be aware that much of the character of a pet will reflect what is learned from its everyday environment.